Hi, Summer Readers! I am finally settling into some great summer reads and reading routines…how about you? Every morning, after I go for my run, I come home, grab my bottle of water and my book, and I spend some quiet time reading outside in my favorite chair. That’s one of the best times of the day for me to steal reading! I hope you’re finding good times during your day to read.
I just finished reading a couple of fantastic books. The Sisters Grimm by Michael Buckley, “Magic and Other Misdemeanors” (Book #5). I’d give it a 5-star rating, especially because Michael Buckley gives us some more insight into the Scarlet Hand and its master. I have a great prediction as to who I think the master is…but I won’t be a spoiler and say. The other good book I just read was given to me by my very dear friend, Miss Shammas. It’s titled “Small Medium at Large” by Joanne Levy. I’d give it a 4-star rating, and I’d recommend it to girls going into junior high. I loved it because it was about a girl, Lylah, who can talk to ghosts…very high interest to me!!!
I have heard from many of you sharing what you’re reading, making awesome book recommendations, and commenting on what our other bloggers are doing…I can’t tell you how many smiles you have put on my face by telling me about your reading experiences. I know even more of you are out there having some great reading experiences, and I want to hear from YOU, too!
So…here’s your challenge! You can meet the challenge by doing one or more of the following:
1. I would love it if you could get a friend and/or family member to comment on the blog, sharing what they are reading or commenting on other blog entries.
2. Share some word games that you’ve played this summer…any will do! Are you playing word games like Scrabble, Bananagrams, or have you found any good word game apps that I need to try???
3. Spend some time reading to or with someone. (This is something I need to do more of…I have some great book recommendations I think my daughter NEEDS to read, and my son has to read “The Odyssey” by Homer this summer for one of his AP classes next year.) I promise to share if I get some reading time with them…will you share your experiences with me?
4. Have a Book Swap with some friends/neighbors. This is a great way to trade good books for other good books. It’s like a party where books are the guests of honor!
5. Have you been able to steal a little reading time each day this summer? Comment on when and where you are making time to read.
6. Keep reading and keep posting comments, recommendations, etc. You are the inspiration in summer reading for me and for others!
I can’t wait to see who’s up for the challenge…will it be you??? I HOPE SO!!! Happy reading:)